Please read it carefully, as it contains important information about the processing of your personal data and the rights recognised by current regulations on the subject.
You declare that the data you provide, now or in the future, is correct and truthful and you agree to notify us of any changes to this data. If you provide personal data from third parties, you agree to obtain the prior consent of the parties in question and inform them about the content of this policy.
In general, the mandatory fields in our forms must be completed in order to process your requests.
Who is responsible for processing your data (the data controller)?
Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the data controller who shall process your data collected on www.wheelytours.com (hereinafter, the “Website”) is the company Wheely Tours S.L., Limited, with address at Calle Gorrion 9, 29120 Alhaurín el Grande.
You may contact the Data Protection Officer of Wheely Tours at Simone@wheelytours.com
What personal information do we collect?
The data we process is collected:
- from the forms that you fill out and from the requests that you make on the Website; for example, when you contact us, sign up to our newsletters, save a quote or purchase a trip. We also process the data included in requests that we receive by email or via our call center;
- from profiles and analytics collected from users (registered or otherwise) browsing the Website;
- from your interest in our sales campaigns; for example, in promotions.
The data we collect is provided either directly by you or by third parties who process requests on your behalf; for example, the person making the booking, the company for which you work, or other travel agencies.
The data categories, which we process typically, consist of:
- Identification and contact details, ID number or passport.
- Personal details, such as language, gender, date of birth and nationality.
- Financial and transaction-related details.
- Data regarding your booking history and contact with the group.
- Sales tracking data and, where appropriate, data related to your preferences and sales profile.
- Data generated by your use of social media networks which you have decided to share with us (for example, likes and comments).
Why do we process your data?
We process your data for the following purposes:
- to manage our relationship with you.
- to process your requests and provide contracted services.
- to assess the quality of our services. In order to assess quality, we may send you satisfaction surveys, although there is no requirement to complete them.
- to comply with our legal obligations; for example, in accounting and tax affairs.
The data of Website users is also processed for the administration, management and control of the Website itself and its restricted access areas, as well as for statistical purposes and the enhancement of the Website and our services.
We process your data for the following commercial purposes:
- to send commercial messages to our customers and users. These messages refer to products or services marketed by Wheely Tours S.L.
- with your consent, we shall create a commercial profile based on your bookings and the data provided on the Website so that our deals and commercial messages are tailored to that profile. Automated decisions are not made based on the profiles of our customers.
- if you have requested a quote or have started but not completed a booking process on the Website or via our Call Centre, the data provided may be used to commercially follow-up your request. To this end, our agents may contact you by email or by phone, for example to resolve possible incidents in the booking process.
- if you show interest in our promotional campaigns, your data shall be processed in order to manage and control them. Interest in our promotions implies your consent to the processing and transfer of your data to the extent and under the terms and conditions indicated in that campaign, with said consent being an essential requirement for your interest in the promotions.
Who may we disclose your data to?
In general, we shall only disclose your information with your prior consent, when it is necessary for the processing of your requests, the provision of contracted services, or to comply with our legal obligations.
- for the correct processing of the bookings requested, the data included in such bookings shall be disclosed to the suppliers of the tourist services.
- we may also disclose data to fraud detection platforms in order to detect and prevent fraudulent payments or bookings.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for the processing of your data is the management of the legal relationship established with you, the provision of requested or contracted services, and compliance with legal obligations, especially those applicable to accounting, taxation, tourism or traveller security and control.
The following data processing is based on a legitimate interest:
- Management of the security of the Website and our call centre, as well as the adoption of fraud detection and prevention measures based on our legitimate interest in guaranteeing the security of our systems and transactions.
- The monitoring of statistics and quality control, including recordings of calls to our call centre, based on our legitimate interest to assess our services.
- The commercial tracking of your requests and the sending of commercial messages form our legitimate interest to promote the products or services sold by Wheely Tours S.L., as well as your consent for receiving such messages by electronic means.
- The analysis of customer data is based on Wheely Tour’s interest in processing this information for internal administrative purposes.
- The following processing items are based on your consent, without the withdrawal of such consent conditioning the provision of contracted services:
- The commercial profiling of data for the sending of personalised offers and commercial messages is based on the requested consent;
- Browsing profiles based on information collected from cookies or similar technologies.
For how long will we retain your data?
In general, we shall keep your data for the duration of the relationship you have with us and, in any case, throughout the periods provided in the applicable legal provisions, for example, in relation to accounting and tax matters, and for the time necessary to meet possible processing-related liabilities. We shall remove your data when it is no longer necessary or relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Browsing-related information shall be removed once the website connection has been completed and the statistics compiled.
The data processed for commercial purposes, including commercial profiles, shall remain valid until its deletion is requested. Consent is recorded, for example, in electronic form submission logs, and shall be kept for the entire duration of the processing and the applicable limitation periods.
What are your rights?
You have the right to obtain confirmation about whether or not we are processing your personal data and, in that case, access such data.
You may also ask for your data to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. In addition, you may request the deletion of your data if, among other reasons, it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
In certain circumstances, you may request limitations upon the processing of your data. In this case, we shall only process the data in question for the formulation, exercise or defence of claims or with a view to protecting the rights of other persons. Under certain conditions, and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may also object to the processing of your data. In this case, we shall cease to process your data other than for compelling legitimate reasons, which prevail over your interests or rights and freedoms, or for the formulation, exercise or defence of claims.
Similarly, and under certain conditions, you may request the portability of your data for it to be transferred to another data controller.
You may revoke the consent that you had given for certain purposes, without affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
To request your withdrawal from processing for commercial purposes you may send an email to the following email address: Simone@wheelytours.com
At any time you may revoke your consent for the installation of tracking or profiling cookies by modifying the privacy options of your web browser or your device.
To exercise your rights, you must send us a request accompanied by a copy of your national identity document, or another valid identity document, by postal or electronic mail, to our Data Protection Officer at the addresses indicated in the ‘Who is responsible for processing your data (the data controller)?’ section.
You may obtain more information about your rights and how to exercise them on the website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (‘Agencia Española de Protección de Datos’) at http://www.agpd.es or on the website of the data protection authority of your country.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device (computer, tablet or mobile phone) by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently and deliver a more personalised service, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information, but they will use your device’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
How do I change my cookie settings?